Hue to Hoian driving by private car is the famous route in the center of Vietnam now. There are two options for the pick up time of this trip. You can choose to start in the morning from Hue hotel and head to Hoian, we can add in some stops on the way which we will mention in detail in the below part. The second option is to start after lunch in Hue hotel so you can have more time to rest in the morning
THE IDEAL TIME TO PICK UP
In addition, the time for starting from Hue to Hoi An is around 10:00am is the suitable one. With some stops on the way then you will arrive at your hotel in Hoi An around 2:00pm is great plan. This will be the right time for check in hotel, no need to waste of time for waiting as arrival in Hoi An.
If you plan to visit Bach Ma National Park, in Hue city on the way to Hoi An, you should start earlier. Time depart we suggest around at 7:30am. Bach Ma National Park takes your around 4 or 5 hours for exploring. Or if you want to add My Son holly land or Bana Hills in Danang by private car we also need to start earlier. My Son just take you around 2 hours for explore while Bana Hills take you around 4 hours or more.
Not like traffic in other countries in Asia or in European, the speed for driving on highway in Vietnam max is 90km/h, driving through the townlet center max is 60km/h. The road condition is very smoothly. Also, highway is only 2 lines.
Well, some roads may require max 40km/h as well so don’t get shock while you are on the road to Hoian by private car with low speed driving from local driver.
If you want drive straight to Hoian for 1 way with nonstop it will take around 3,5 hours. But this trip we only suggest for whom wants to start in the late afternoon or the rush trip to just transfer to Hoian.
If you have no plan in Hoian after driving to Hoian you should ask your Local Operator in Hue who help you for organize private car to Hoi An for stop at some highlights on the way. Total time from Hue to Hoian by private car with stops is around 5 hours.
HIGHT LIGHT STOPS ON THE WAY
We suggest you should short stop for taking photo or take a short rest on the way driving from Hue to Hoian by private car as below:
- First stop should take a look at Lap An lagoon. It’s a fabulous landscape. Walking little bit outside parking area, you will see the great point for checking or taking pictures to keep the great moment. If you want to taste a local drink, let try a coconut juice or drink a local coffee (local coffee here is called Cafe Sua Da). This stop also offers free rest-room (free toilet) for your long trip from Hue to Hoian.
- Next stop, your private driver may suggest you stop at Lang Co beach. If you want to swim at Lang Co beach, you should confirm with the driver before starting the trip. Or you just stop from beginning of Hai Van pass for taking overview of Lang Co bay only for a few minutes.
- The main stop of your trip is Hai Van pass or some call The Cloudy Pass. Hai Van pass is one of the most famous place for driving by private car, by motorbike or even riding bicycle.
- On the way to Hoian, we can also stop at My Khe beach in Danang for swimming and sport game or Cham museum for the Champa architecture and history of Cham people
- Last stop for your trip from Hue to Hoian we suggest is Marble Mountains. This is a great place for hiking or walking. It has five mountains in one place then you walk around to visit and explore with local culture of worshipping buddha or visit some pagodas on the mountains to learn more Vietnamese Buddhism or visit the underworld cave.
WHERE TO BOOK THE PRIVATE CAR
Where to book Private Car in Hue for driving to Hoi An? Which Vietnam Local Tour Operator can arrange private transfer to Danang and Hoi An? You can google or ask your local hotel receptionist or search on your guidebook. But recently, there are list of most reliable Car Companies in Hue you can refer their quote.
Vietnam Locals Travel and Transport: www.Vietnamlocals.com
Hoi An Private Car: www.HoianPrivateCar.com
Danang Private Taxi: www.DanangPrivateTaxi.com
Phong Nha Private Car: www.PhongNhaPrivateCar.com
Nha Trang Private Car: www.Nhatrangprivatecar.com
Vietnam Private Car: www.Vietnamprivatecar.com