Travel from Hue to Hoi An by private car is the wise choice to enjoy the fantastic route in central Vietnam.
The ideal time to start
In addition, the recommended time to travel from Hue to Hoi An is around 10:00 am. With some stops on the way then you will arrive at your hotel in Hoi An around 2:00 pm. This will be the right time for check-in hotel, no need to waste time waiting as arrival in Hoi An.
But if you plan to visit Bach Ma National Park, you should start earlier. Time depart we suggest around at 7:30 am. Bach Ma National Park takes you around 4 or 5 hours for exploring.
Or if you want to add My Son Sanctuary or Ba Na Hills in Danang by private car we also need to start earlier. My Son just takes you around 2 hours to explore while Bana Hills take you around 4 hours or more.
Unlike traffic in other countries in Asia or in Europe, the speed for driving on the highway in Vietnam max is 90km/h, driving through the city center maximum is 60km/h. The road condition is very smooth but the highway is only 2 lanes. If you want to drive straight to Hoian for 1 way nonstop it will take around 3,5 hours. But this trip we only suggest for those who want to start in the late afternoon or the rush trip to just transfer to Hoian.
What should you see along the way?
We suggest you should short stop for taking photos or take a short rest on the way driving from Hue to Hoian by private car as below:
- The first stop should take a look at Lap An lagoon. It’s a fabulous landscape. Walking a little bit outside the parking area, you will see the great point for checking or taking pictures to keep the great moment. If you want to taste a local drink, let try coconut juice or drink a local coffee (local coffee here is called Cafe Sua Da). This stop also offers a free restroom (free toilet) for your long trip from Hue to Hoian.
- Next stop, your private driver may suggest you stop at Lang Co beach. If you want to swim at Lang Co beach, you should confirm with the driver before starting the trip. Or you just stop from the beginning of Hai Van pass for taking an overview of Lang Co bay only for a few minutes.
- The main stop of your trip is Hai Van pass or some call The Ocean and Clouds Pass. Hai Van pass is one of the most famous places for driving by private car, by motorbike or even riding a bicycle.
- On the way to Hoian, we can also stop at My Khe beach in Danang for swimming and sports game or Cham museum for the Champa architecture and history of Cham people
- The last stop for your trip from Hue to Hoian we suggest is Marble Mountains. This is a great place for hiking or walking. It has five mountains in one place then you walk around to visit and explore the local culture of worshipping buddha or visit some pagodas on the mountains to learn more about Vietnamese Buddhism or visit the underworld cave.
How to book the Hue to Hoi An by private car?
Where to book a Private Car in Hue for driving to Hoi An? Hoi An Private Car Tour Operator can arrange a private transfer to Danang and Hoi An perfectly. You can google or ask your local hotel receptionist or search on your guidebook. But recently, there is a list of most reliable Car Companies in Hue you can refer their quote.
Culture Pham Travel & Transports: www.culturephamtravel.com
Hoi An Private Car: www.HoianPrivateCar.com
Best Hue City Tour Travel: http://besthuecitytour.com/